We’re looking for an enthusiastic developer with strong experience of Python and/or Java who can employ their expertise to build data systems that are commercial, secure, usable and reliable.
You’ll be working in our highly accomplished tech team to apply best practices in software architecture and development to build commercially compelling products. You will have the chance to work on new capabilities of Clear Returns data driven SaaS products.
Example Work Includes:
- Developing new interfaces for data ingestion and retrieval using REST API
- Working on solutions for data cleaning, preparation and processing
- Transforming millions of rows of data into a usable form to be displayed to end users
- Implementing analytical models into production environment
- Coming up with solutions to deliver commercially scalable product features and services
You Will Have Gained
- Exposure to many aspects of designing and building data systems
- Expertise in a highly employable field
- Experience in self-management and communication to all project stakeholders
To Qualify You Must
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have demonstrable commercial experience working in Python (or Java) and SQL
- Excellent knowledge of REST HTTP, JSON, XML, Unix, MySQL, source code control
- Experience of distributed systems and messaging technologies
What We’re Looking for in You
- Proactive, solution driven and a quick learner
- You love a challenge & you want be in Glasgow (who wouldn’t?)
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Appreciation of the difference between commercial solutions and academic solutions - and a very strong preference for the former
- Understanding of software development lifecycles and agile methodologies
- Ability to manage own timelines and deadlines
- Enthusiasm to actually finish and release stuff
- Understanding software architecture patterns
- Having worked with cloud services such a Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services would be beneficial
If you’re interested, please apply with a CV to [email protected] along with examples of relevant projects you’ve worked on, and tell us why you want to join us.
Successful candidates will be asked to undertake a practical skills test before being invited for a face to face interview in Glasgow, so please ensure you really do have the technical capability + permission to work in the UK and are able to attend an interview in the next two - three weeks before applying.
Share this Post