Retailers are facing an increasing problem of product returns growing faster than sales. By delaying action, retailers have experienced financial and customer loss. By understanding this fundamental problem and developing solutions to solve it, Clear Returns has grown exponentially over the last 4 years to become the global leaders in Returns Intelligence.
Based in Glasgow, this is a highly creative, collaborative, and energetic environment that offers all the flexibility and dynamism of a start-up but with global reach and major retailer partnerships.
As a result of recent client wins and an influx of more data than ever before, Clear Returns are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join the team.
This is an exciting opportunity that incorporates managing all technical and engineering aspects of the analytics infrastructure. You will maintain and improve the data warehouse and ensure that data obtained from diverse and varied sources is appropriately captured, cleaned, and utilised. As a member of a small team you could also get the opportunity to be involved in Data Science projects, though this is not a prerequisite of the role. You will have significant influence on the future of the technologies used by the team which is central to the company’s growth strategy.
As the Data Engineer you will:
- Have 3-5 years relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in associated field (or 2-3 years experience with a Master’s degree in associated field)
- Use strong SQL and Hive/Pig/Spark skills to transform and prepare data for further analysis
- Design and implement ETL pipelines to maintain data consistency, integrity and accuracy
- Continually improve the performance of the data warehouse
- Own data onboarding, migration, and transformation processes and ensure internal consistency and standardization across all data repositories
- Provide thought-leadership and be an advocate of new technologies and new ways of using data
- Work closely with the Data Science and Development teams over new product generation
- Adopt and evolve data security policies throughout all data pipelines, processes, and systems
Technical Skills Required:
- Solid experience in SQL and Hive and/or Spark
- Exposure to a mix of scripting languages (e.g. Python / Scala / Java) for data manipulation.
- Exposure to Amazon Redshift and Amazon EMR is highly preferred
- Understanding of data architectures
- Understanding of statistics and ability to implement statistical functions
- Experience with retail e-commerce data and systems a distinct advantage
- Project management software (i.e. JIRA and Confluence) – candidate will need to quickly become a fluent user if not already familiar
Personal Skills Required:
- Be a strong communicator and have the ability to problem solve and assert yourself across the business
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Self-confident and willingness to make a decision using own initiative
- Strong organization, prioritization and listening skills
- Ability to work with a dynamic team but also proactively under own initiative, learn quickly, and thrive in a fast paced environment
- A passion for solutions - we are looking for someone upbeat and proactive with a ‘GET IT DONE’ approach
- Good starting salary
- 28 days’ holiday
- Eligibility for employee equity option scheme (as this comes on stream)
- Joining an award winning company
- Working with a passionate, influential team
This is an opportunity for hands-on product creation in a fast growing, high impact start-up where you will directly be responsible for delivering on our core business success outcomes.
Salary based on experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV to [email protected]